Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Cookies are necessary for you to be able to use all functions on this site. I agree
What is ELTAB?
ELTAB (Electronic Exchange Market)
ELTAB offers libraries an online marketplace to exchange their dispensable books and journals. The service was developed in 2008 by the Kaiserslautern Technical University and is available to all libraries worldwide.
All ELTAB libraries participate in creating a data pool in which books and journals can be specifically searched for and ordered via the shopping cart function. Registration is required for libraries wishing to add items to ELTAB. Libraries not offering items to ELTAB however interested in placing orders may do so. Supplier libraries can generate trading lists of the items they currently have on offer per mouse click. RSS-Feeds allow users to monitor new entries to the data pool.
To participate in ELTAB the following rules must be observed:
- Participating libraries have to be non-profit / public / under public sponsorship (e.g. university libraries, state libraries, regional libraries, special libraries, libraries maintained by the government administrations, archives …).
- To prevent misuse, the service administrators reserve the right to activate or block access to the database without any further explanation.
- Following registration access to the database is generally possible within one working day.
- Trading is subject to change and not mandatory, i.e. libraries offering items to ELTAB are not obliged to supply the items.
- Trading is generally free of charge. It may however be necessary to agree upon delivery charges. Please always check as to whether the items can be shipped by container-service or the "library van".
ELTAB libraries are pleased to welcome new participants to the exchange market as each partner enhances the attractiveness of the service for all participants.